CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14, 2011

Travels: Kawah Putih, Ciwidey, Bandung

Hi All..

After all of my review about the cosmetics, allow me to give you a review about a place in Bandung called Kawah Putih, name that in English means a White Crater. By its name, we could imagine a landscape with marvelous white crater. And yes, it's true. But first, let me tell you how i got there.

I departed from Jakarta to Bandung on Friday at 7 pm. A bad traffic for a trip that trough the freeway at that time. People are coming home trough that same freeway. Also, the vehicles that driving factory's stuff (big trucks - literally) made our trip a bit scary (since something big side by side with our car). I took Cipularang Freeway, the shortest way to Bandung. It costs us about Rp. 50K each time.

Anyway, it took about 3 hour to get to Bandung from Cipularang freeway. I arrived at Bandung at 10 pm. We came out at Cikopo Freeway Gate (it's not as far as you came out from Pasteur Gate). We ate at someplace near Cikopo Freeway Gate, I went to bathroom and gooosssshhh, the bathroom was awful. It smells bad, looks bad, very dirty, but in case of really need to go to bathroom, I shut my mouth up then pee.

After I arrived at Bandung and have somehting to eat, I went to Ciwidey, the place where Kawah Putih belong. Some peasant said, it took about 2 hours more to get there! So, My Sister, My Brother, My Niece,  I decided to look for some cheap hostel to sleep and then go to to Kawah Putih first in the morning.

Then, after a dark trip for half an hour, we found Saung Bilik, a hostel (resort for exactly). A comfy place with affordable price. Here's some pict I got from there:

The air it's cool and sooooo refreshing. Even we're not arrived yet at Kawah Putih.

After ate some lunch, we're took off to Kawah Putih. It's really not like our plan which is depart first in the morning. We're busy enjoying the view at the Saung Bilik.

Then, we took about 2 hours to get to Kawah Putih. What a wonderful view! It's like Puncak if i could say. Then, we're arrived at Kawah Putih Entrance. What I didn't expected is we need to pay! It's okay I guess if we paid for the maintenance cost, but somehow I guess it's too expensive. It took only Rp. 15K per person above 12 yrs old, then it took Rp.150K for a car! Also, we need to pay (again) for the parking cost at the top of the Kawah Putih. After we paid the car (insurance LOL), we took another half an hour to really get to the crater. Then, some citizens came to our car then said that we must buy a mask for our safety, it's because the sulfur's is active when we're there. And then again it's too expensive for a mask (which i could buy Rp2.5K each) with Rp.10K each. *I'm gonna bring my own mask next time.

We need to climb a few (my sister said a lots) of stair before finally see a magnificent landscape outspread.

But, it's really worth! A beautiful landscape! Refreshing air! And super cold weather (shame on me I'm wearing mini jumpsuit LOL).

Here's some pict at Kawah Putih:

 Wonderful landscape right? It's literally white. And BTW, I didn't wear any mask because it's really unnecessary! Shame on you hey mask-distributor! The sulfur smelled, but the level of the sulfur is not damaging your health.

I love Kawah Putih very much. Even I've heard about the advantages when you take a bath on its crater. It would cure your skin problem, from the lighter like acnes until the heaviest like skin cancer.

But still, I prefered not to touch the water LOL :D

Well, that's all of my review about my trip to Kawah Putih. I strongly recommend you to come to Kawah Putih anytime you want to spend your time, refreshing from the crowd (especially when you live at a big city like Jakarta).

Indonesia really have a marvellous and wonderful nature!

I Really love Indonesia for its nature and culture :D
Oh God, please keep us realizing YOUR bless :) and keep us taking care of it for our children, grandchildren, next generation.

XOXO
Namira

Quick summary:

Cost:
  • Cipularang Freeway cost: about Rp. 100 K, Jakarta-Bandung-Jakarta
  • Fuel cost (Honda Jazz): about Rp. 250 K Jakarta-Bandung-Jakarta
  • Inn/Hostel cost: about Rp.250 K/night/room
  • Kawah Putih Gate cost: 
    • Rp. 150 K/car
    • Rp. 15-20 K/Person above 12 yrs old

Landscape and view: SUPER FANTASTIC, you wont regret :)

Tips:
  1. Bring a jacket, extremely cold without jacket
  2. Don't wear short or mini jumpsuit like i did hahaha LOL
  3. Wear hiking shoes for comfort
  4. Sunblock is a must girl!
  5. Bring your own mask (Seriously) hahahah LOL :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment :) Your feedback is really appreciated :)