CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Foods: Sushi MIYA81 - Tebet

Hi all!

Last night I was dinner with my BF after office hours. According to one of my hobby (eating sushi), we decided to try a new (or atleast We just saw) Sushi Restaurant at Tebet. It called SUSHI MIYA81. Yes, the name is confronting your mind (if we substitute "81" with "BI") LOL XD. Well anyway, first time I attract here is because the place which is looking cozy and comfy.

Here's the pic for the place and atmoshpere.

A bad camera makes a bad picture (-_-"). Anyway, that's the place. The red shocking theme was really interesting and eye-catching. At there's indoor and outdoor area. So, after afew times choosing menu, I decided to pick 3 items. But, before I mention what I've ordered, I just wanna tell you, the service is not good enough in my humble opinion. They seem very rookie and like don't know what to do. One of the servant (by his clothes, he seems the manager, I don't know why i called him servant, haha :D ) seems don't know their menu. I ask what items that provide raw fish, then he just like laugh at me and then said that "It's sushi rolls, so most of them are raw" (with high notes). Then I read the menu one more time and found that just one of the menu has raw fish on it (what a shame your attitude manager!). Oh yeah, and also, they DON'T have any standard sushi like Nama Sake sushi. They have fussion in all menu and a bit out of theme (sushi-theme) food like western instead of making them a bit Japanese.

Before I forget, after I ordered, and my foods came out, they FORGOT to brought a chopstick for me and my BF. What the......? How could I eat my sushi without chopstick or any dining utilities??? I have to ask first (with "PLEASE" word... How pity).

Anyway, after confusing (because no standard sushi available), I ordered:
1. Ozawa Salmon (crab salad, kyuri *Japanese cucumber, avocado, rolled and topped with fresh raw salmon)
Ozawa Salmon
First bite, I got salmon, no crab-salad tasted, crunchy kyuri, not much avocado and also mayonnaise on top. What I didn't expect is a red sauce which my tongue have translated as tomato sauce, it's not that blended well. With a little bit of soy sauce, this is not that bad. But still, not good enough for me. They didn't mention a seaweed on their menu, but there are inside the roll.

Okay, on to the next menu!


Green Spider Rol

2. Green Spider Roll (Soft Shell crab, Kyuri *again, Avocado, Spicy mayo)

Their didn't mention the lettuce and seaweed as well. Okay, for the first sight, it's definitely not balanced when we measure it from its size. Too big at the edge, yet too thin at the center. It makes my mouth full with only one edge-cut. And, how is it taste? It's good, the soft shell crab is very good and crunchy. There are two kind of sauce, spicy and yellow-ish mayo. Both are not as I expected. The yellow-ish mayo is too sour, almost make the soft shell taste disappear, and also, the spicy is not that spicy IMHO. But still good enough compare to the Ozawa Salmon.

California Roll
3. California Roll (Avocado, kyuri *more kyuriii, crab, flying fish roe)

This is the most 'normal' menu I ordered. With sweet crab inside, a crunchy and fresh flying fish roe on the outside. Really simple yet mouthful of taste. I think it's taste really good because of its simplicity. Literally, the sushi rice and the crab is really sweet. No mayo means no more too much taste. Not overwhelming. Highly recommended!


4. Salmon Sashimi

Salmon Sashimi
Sliced salmon it's really good dish. But... In this restaurant, the fish is not really fresh. But they chopped into a pretty big chunk. They served it with LIME, not LEMON... I think it's really bad choice. Lime really ruined its taste. I prefer not to squeeze the lime on it and eat with soy sauce or straight.

5. Ocha (re-fill)
The best about this Ocha is re-fill system LOL :D. But with big glass, I think it's enough to neutralize the mayo taste to taste the next sushi.


Overall, the menu here's not quite variate, the plate for the sushi was nice and elegant, the price a lil bit pricy compare to Sushi-Ya (Im gonna review it later), Oh yeah, and the chopsticks are lil hard to use. It's kinda palstic or melanmine, good for our trees, bad for our tongue (too long, to make sushi arrive at our mouth LOL :D).



Well, that's all of my review about Sushi Miya81. Hope this review helps!
Keep healthy!

Xoxo
Namira

Review:
Overall: ** and a half out of *****
Price : around Rp.20-30 K
Taste: Quite good
Atmosphere: very nice and comfy
Service: Not good :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment :) Your feedback is really appreciated :)