CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Foods: Steak Hotel by Holycow, Kemang

Wooohoo…

After waiting for so long I finally made my way to Holycow at Kemang. I was craving for steak since like about 2 months back. My friends told me they ate there, show me their picture, and I was a crying baby to my BF, asking for a trip there.

So, be prepared, a long review about steak!

First of all,
with a bunch of craving, whining, and constantly asking my baniiih (My boyfriend) to go to Holycow, we finally made it.
Steak House by Holycow at Kemang located at Jalan Kemang Raya, No. 95, South Jakarta. They have another store at Radio Dalam. Don't be fooled, there are 'similar' steak house named, Holycow Steak House, and no, i am not reviewing that right now.
Anyhoo, they open everyday with these schedule:

  1. Mon-Fri: 11.00 AM - 02.00 PM, break, then open again at 05.00 PM until Sold Out.
  2. Sat-Sun: 11.00 AM - Until Sold out.

By reading this schedule only, I assume they are very confident to say that they will sell all the available  steak. Also, they might only have limited amount of steak, which is nice because they don't keep the old meat.

We found that the place is pretty concealed. The door remains closed, like nothing's there (too bad I wasn't take the picture). We came in and welcomed by a big window with a kitchen scenery. Chefs were cooking the steak. Then I found a narrow way to finally see the cashier near stairs, then the waiter took us to the second level. We sat outside on a smoking area, but decided to go back to non-smoking area because there are finally some available seat. The concept is making anyone who comes there a REAL CARNIVORE. They're like saying indirectly, "If you are not into meat, GTFO". They even named the place TKP (Tempat Karnivora Pesta) which means "A Place where Carnivores Partying".

This is how the indoor looks like
Checkout my Indoor's picture, it's neat, and the outdoor is pretty good as well, but since Jakarta was pretty humid, we preferred indoor with Air Conditioner :D. They have a lot of scripts hanging on the wall. Mostly about how great it is to be carnivore or foodies, or even their awards as the best steak seller etc, but, one of my favorite is this:

A quote by Julia Child, too bad the name is blocked
The waiter is pretty helpful and patient (to face my not-so-patient boyfriend). But, I honestly think they might need to add more waiters. Because somehow we needed to wait 5-10 minutes for each thing we want to ask because the waiter itself was pretty busy in serving other guests. And finally we can order :D They will ask our name first, for payment purpose.

the breadsticks
Sooo, I ordered:

  • Wagyu Sirloin 200 grams (around 8 fluid oz in US) - Mushroom Sauce -  Medium - Rp. 118 K ($9.8 USD) 
  • Ice Tea (Re-fill) - Rp.15 K ($1.25 USD)
  • Mushroom Sautee - Rp. 25 K ($ 2 USD)
  • Additional BBQ Sauce - Not charged :D

My  Boyfriend ordered:

  • Wagyu Topside 9+ 200 grams (around 8 fluid Oz in US) - Black Pepper Sauce - Medium Well - Rp. 99 K - $ 8.2 USD ( My boyfriend is not a meat-lover nor a true carnivore, so he ordered Kid's meal previously because he saw it on the menu, but the waiter said, we cannot order it *WTF)
  • Ice Cappuccino - Rp. 15 K ($1.25 USD)


Here comes the foods!
Oh before I forgot, they served us breadsticks for free, whilst we're waiting for the food. Woohoo, I love free food.




My BF Wagyu Topside 9+  w/ Black Pepper Sauce, Spinach Sautee, and Fries
My Wagyu Sirloin Steak w/ Mushroom Sauce, Spinach Sautee, and Fries
Mushroom Sautee
My Baniih Ice Cappuccino, not re-fill-able
My BF MEDIUM WELL Wagyu Topside, a good one.

Mine, MEDIUM Wagyu Sirloin, what a pink meat!  *drooling
Then we continued our perfect steak journey (mine actually) by eating those steaks. Each steak had their own flag, to differentiate which one is which. There is some description behind every flag, identify whom steak it is.

I love how they made mine perfectly medium. It's very juicy and pleasantly tender! A great grilled-smell, lovely pinkish color adding extra juice to the meat. The mushroom sauce is good, but for great steak like that, I don't think we need to emphasize the sauce, the meat itself is the winner! The fries is fries (what can I say, I was blinded by the meat), and the spinach is unique, I never had steak with Spinach Sautee as the side dish. If I could ask more, I'd like to pick Mashed Potatoes instead of fries to minimize the flavor, so it won't mixed too much.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend is pretty satisfied with his steak. He's not a meat-lover so he said his steak was "OKAY". He can not stand about how big the steak is! Check out his,"I'm-so-done-with-steak-for-my-whole-life-" face. He literally ate with a suffered face because the steak was too much for him. A long sigh and not-so-happy face. I was burst at laugh looking at his face.  But he does love the Mushroom Sautee. He said he could eat it the whole plate and preferred it over the steak (sigh.. my boyfriend is almost becoming a vegan :P). I love it too! It's buttery and just perfectly working well with the steak. Love love!

he finished it, but it's like the meat was torturing him hahaha :D
I tried his steak. It's good too! But just a tiny itsy bitsy tougher than mine because his steak was medium well. Thank god, he's almost ordering well done, it could've been hard to bite. But his sauce, I admit, it's better than mine. The blackpepper sauce goes really well with the strong meaty flavor. So, if you want to go there, I suggest Black Pepper sauce instead of Mushroom Sauce.

Oh, and also, the BBQ sauce that I ordered separately is pretty good too. A bit sour, but acceptable. So the sauce (In My humble opinion) in orders are:

  1. Black Pepper Sauce (not that hot, just perfect)
  2. BBQ Sauce
  3. Mushroom Sauce

,
He wanted to kill someone who made the steak so darn big :D

The Additional BBQ Sauce

Me, super happy (chubby) face :D
Smelling his food,  Joe Bastianich Style
looking at his food, Graham Elliot Style
Previously, I checked some review from some bloggers. They have pretty much the same review as mine. Also, they said that if we tweet that we are at the restaurant then mention @holycow_radal with hashtag location (mine is #tkpkemang), we will get a free tiramisu (if available) or cupcake :D So I tweeted (with my bf's account) and I got this baby. Blueberry Cupcake from Cupcake Company (I think they are working together for this semi-marketing promo)

Blueberry Cupcake by Cupcake Company with Cream Cheese Topping

I am certainly not a big fan of cupcake, for me it's too sweet. But this free dessert was surprisingly tasty! Not so sweet, great punch of cream cheese and good hints of sour blueberry. Love love!

Well, that's all of the foods we had! We can pay directly to the cashier by letting them know our name instead of table number (this is simple, but I think it's pretty good). For me, it cost Rp. 302 K (tax, service, etc included)


So, here's the quick review:

Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars!!!!
Price : around Rp.99-180 K (for steak)
Taste: Greaattt for a very affordable price!
Atmosphere: just right :D
Service: good enough, the waiter is kind, but need more waiters tho!





Extra picture:



BURP….

Until then!
Tata for now!
xoxo




Amiyaa. (and Sigit)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment :) Your feedback is really appreciated :)